- We clean and sterilize all instruments properly using autoclave and chemical baths for each instrument that touches a patient.
- We biopsy toenails before treating the toenail to verify that the condition is in fact caused by a fungus. There are some conditions such as micro-trauma and psoriasis to name a few that mimic onychomycosis.
- We provide in depth debridement services for fungally infected toenails to reduce their risk of spread.
- We measure and record fungal infection to determine if the condition is getting better.
- We offer multiple treatment options to help the patient find a treatment course that fits their goals.
At ETFA it is our goal to reduce the spread of fungal toenails in our community and we do that one toe at a time. If your toenails look abnormal, yellow or painful please give us a call.
The information contained in this article is not intended to provide advice for individual problems, nor to substitute for professional advice or care from a physician. For answers to specific questions concerning your personal circumstances, you should consult your physician directly.