Following these guidelines will reduce the risk of complications.
- Please have all prescriptions filled today.
- Take pain medication as directed before numbness wears off.
- The morning after the surgery take pain medicine 30 minutes prior to dressing change.
- Soak entire foot with dressing in a warm water foot bath with 4 ounces of vinegar in it.
- Soak for 10 minutes and then remove the dressing and soak again.
- Fill site of wart removal with prescribed Silvadene cream. Then apply a gauze dressing.
- Every following morning remove dressing, soak foot, apply cream and apply gauze dressing. Continue until Dr. Sowell says to stop or until wound no longer drains.
- Please attend all post operative appointments.
- Wear shoes and be active to your level of tolerance. Returning to normal activity in 1 to 2 days is normal.
- If you have any questions during business hours call (936) 559-1700. After hours you may call Dr. Sowell’s cell phone (936) 552-1741. Leave a message if not answered